I've just finished crocheting 1/2 of a skirt guard for Helena!
Yes, the ugly old plastic air filter screen/ skirt guard is still zip tied on, and it's duct taped to the frame and fenders right now. I needed some way of holding it there while I took a picture.
So far, I am mostly happy with it. I've already thought of some design changes (which, if I were to incorporate into this one would mean ripping the whole thing out and starting over. NOT gonna happen.) So right now I'm left with the problem of how to attach it. I don't want to drill holes in my fenders, so I need to think of a way to get it to stay in place there. I think that as far as attaching it to the frame, I'll just add some braided strands that can tie to the frame. There will be much pondering on this before I crochet the other half.