Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Evening Ride


I decided to take Helena out to stretch her... wheels... this evening. It was interesting, after riding Hedwig to the barn all week, to feel how different Helena rides. She is much more comfortable, with her upright seating and her weight makes her feel much more steady. Her braking isn't as smooth or grippy as Hedwig's, and she squeaks and rattles quite a lot, but I forgive her. :) Also, I was reminded of just how much I love the Sturmey Archer 3 Speed hub. It's so nice to be able to shift from a stop, or while coasting. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of shifting with the stem shifters on Hedwig.

So, I rode out to the lake again, since it had been awhile, and it's a lovely ride. Didn't see any horses this time, but I did discover this little lake side path:



It's just a narrow, bumpy little trail that has several little "campsites" along the way. All of which are posted No Overnight Camping. So I suppose that these are all fishing/drinking/make-out spots? But they all have nice views of the water, and Helena just had to pose at a couple. :)





Once we got home, I made a little treat. This has become a favorite on these hot summer days, so I thought I would share the recipe!



You'll need:

Frozen fruit. I'm using blueberries, since I've got a freezer full right now.
Skim Milk
Sugar
Glass
Spoon

Fill the glass with however much fruit you want. I usually do about 1/3 of the glass. Add about 1 tsp of sugar, more or less to taste. Next, pour in just enough milk to not quite cover the fruit, then stir. As you stir, the milk will start to freeze, forming a sort of ice cream. Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment