Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Wonderland



I finally got to ride to the barn again! The snow started melting off a bit and the roads cleared up. It was really cold, in the low 20's during the day and low teens to single digits at night, but since the sun came out on Wednesday that helped melt slush off the road.


These horses that I pass everyday were happy to see some grass in their pasture again.



On Tuesday, while it snowed, the Donkeys apparently decided to stand out in it all day. They still had snow covered backs on Wednesday.


Then, on Wednesday night we got an ice storm. It was very pretty, seeing everything covered in a shell of ice, but it made travel and work outside very difficult. The boy donkeys didn't even dare leave the barn because their dry lot was like an ice skating rink! The girls were a bit braver. Or more determined to eat their hay.






8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the cute donkeys : )
    Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velouria - Yeah, I'm a sucker for these guys. That's why I can't bring myself to get a REAL job. :)

    Happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Especially that horse. Beautiful light. I'd love to hear more about the work you do. Have you posted about it in detail before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dottie - Thanks! I have not posted in detail about my work, but if you're interested I can certainly write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I loved the donkey commentary. They were funny, too, covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I want a donkey so bad! If I didn't have a bike to ride to work I would ride a donkey instead....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! These photos are beautiful :) I found your blog via mixedbabygreens. I'm into cycling too - I have several bikes, one of which is a Dutch bike from Bobbin Bicycles in Islington, London! I used to do handspinning years ago and I'm just getting reacquainted with my spinning wheel (an Ashford Traveller) as I want to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silvergold - Thanks for stopping by! The Traveler is a wonderful wheel. I learned to spin on a Traveler double treadle. I now have two Ashford Traditionals (single treadle) that I use both for my own spinning as well as for teaching. I'm a bit envious when it comes to Dutch bikes, as I am just short enough to not fit on any. :) I would love to hear more about your spinning!

    ReplyDelete