Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ridding the Buffalo

Today I got a chance to actually get out and ride my bike FOR FUN! It has got to be more than a month since I last got a chance to go ride more than just my measly little mile and a half round trip commute. But with temperatures in the low 60's and an afternoon free how could I not! So I met up with one of my girlfriends and we set out to ride over Buffalo Mountain.


See that mountain covered in snow in the distance? That's Buffalo Mountain in the Cherokee National Forest. It's an absolutely gorgeous ride on a fairly low traffic road through the park. It's also a popular ride for area cyclists and motorcyclists. Here's a link to the route and elevation chart on Map My Ride. I got so wrapped up in enjoying the ride that I didn't take many pictures, but here's a few:


I really want to climb out on the end of that rock and just watch the river flow by.


The other side of Buffalo Mountain, over the Nolichcky River.


We came into this valley on a road that follows the river. Here's Mlle Moto getting some love from Shadowfax. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Glad you were able to get a decent ride. You live in a beautiful place.
    After a winter with no cycling I'm starting to go out again although only 10 mile runs.

    Take care,

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert! It is indeed a beautiful area. Glad to hear you are able to get back out and start riding again! Hey, every mile counts, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete